$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Bombers collapse in fourth quarter versus Frostburg State, lose in overtime

After mental mistakes proved costly during the the football team’s homecoming loss to Buffalo State College on Oct 11., similar lapses in judgement resulted in an embarrassing 38–37 double overtime loss to Frostburg State University on Oct. 18 in Frostburg, Maryland.

Senior kicker Garrett Nicholson missed a 24-yard field goal in the first quarter and had an extra point blocked in double overtime only giving the Bombers (4–2, 3–2) a 37–31 lead. The South Hill squad’s defense could not stop the Bobcats on their final offensive possession, as senior running back Ben Sasu scored from 1-yard out to tie the game and sophomore kicker Isaac Robinson converted the extra point to snap a 16-game conference losing streak for the Bobcats (3–4, 1–4).

Senior quarterback Tom Dempsey threw four touchdown passes including two to senior wide receiver Vito Boffoli. However, Dempsey and the offense were let down by costly drops from senior wide receiver Chris Bauer, a fumble from senior tight end Ben Cary that was returned for a Bobcat touchdown and an offensive line that allowed five sacks, including one on the last play of regulation.

In their next game, the Bombers will host Salisbury University (4–2, 3–1) at noon on Oct. 25 at Butterfield Stadium. If the Blue and Gold lose, they will be eliminated from NCAA Tournament contention.

$1260
$2000