$1275
$2000

Bombers defeat Brockport to set up important showdown next weekend with Fisher

The football team defeated the SUNY Brockport Golden Eagles 24–14 on Nov. 1 in Brockport, New York, giving it a chance to clinch a berth in the NCAA Tournament with a win next weekend.

Junior wide receiver Josh Oliver got the bulk of the carries at running back with the Bombers’ three primary running backs all sidelined due to injury, and led the Blue and Gold (6–2, 4–2) with 166 rushing yards and a touchdown. Senior quarterback Tom Dempsey’s streak of consecutive games with more than 300 passing yards ended, but threw two touchdowns to senior tight end Ben Cary.

The Bombers held the ball for more than 36 minutes, preventing the Golden Eagles (5–3, 3–3) from establishing their dynamic offense. The South Hill squad’s defense held the Empire 8’s leading rusher, Golden Eagles sophomore running back Dan Andrews, to just 74 yards in addition to two interceptions.

With Salisbury University’s loss to Alfred University and St. John Fisher College’s win against Buffalo State College, the scenario for the Bombers’ next game on Nov. 8 against Fisher in Rochester, New York, is clear. Whoever wins, clinches a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

$1275
$2000