$1275
$2000

Golf team places seventh at Vassar Invitational

The Ithaca College women’s golf team concluded the weekend with a seventh-place finish out of 12 teams at the Vassar Invitational held at the Casperkill Golf Club in Poughkeepsie, New York.

After compiling a team score of 354 during the opening round of the invitational, the Blue and Gold wrapped up the second day with a score of 370 to finish with a total score 724 on the par-72 course. The South Hill squad’s day one score was the team’s lowest recorded team score of any round this spring.

Junior Kimberly Wong and sophomore Kyra Denish paced the Bombers throughout the competition.

Wong, who tied for eighth place as an individual, racked up a total score of 163. She shot a score of 79 and followed up her opening act with an 84 on day two to set her at 19 over par for the tournament.

Denish chalked up scores of 85 and 87 for a two-day score of 172, earning her a 16th place finish.

Sophomore Lauren Saylor captured 42nd place with her combined score of 189. Seniors Mary Rooker and Colleen Vaughn finished 53rd and 61st, respectively, with their scores of 200 and 247.

Williams College, the reigning NCAA Division III National Champion, took home first place, edging out Amherst College by 22 strokes. Phoebe Mattana and Elizabeth Gudas of Williams concluded the weekend as the top two golfers respectively with their two-day scores of 149 and 155.

The Bombers next tee off at the Amherst Invitational April 16 and 17 at the Hickory Ridge Golf Club in Amherst, Massachusetts.

$1275
$2000