$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Gymnastics defeats Springfield for third win of season

The Ithaca College gymnastics team beat Springfield College on Feb. 6, with a total team score of 183.425 compared to Springfield College’s 182.025.

The Blue and Gold started on vault, finishing with a score of 46.2. Graduate student and captain Val Cohen scored a 9.475, while senior Megan Harrington and freshman Carolyn Nichols scored a 9.425 and 9.45, respectively.

Moving on to uneven bars, the Bombers scored a 45.15, beating Springfield by almost two points. Harrington had the highest score on this event with a 9.45.

Sophomore Mina Shernan had a strong bar routine as well, finishing with a score of a 9.2. Shernan said she could not have felt any better about her performance.

“It was the best routine of the season for me,” Shernan said.

On balance beam, the Bombers finished with a score of 45.2. Sophomore Eleanor Almeida led the team on that event with a score of a 9.2. Sophomore Hannah Donnelly was right behind her with a score of a 9.125.

The floor exercise had the highest team score of the day’s event score for the Bombers. They finished with a score of a 46.875.

Nichols and Harrington tied each other with the highest score on that event with a 9.625.

Nichols said the team worked really hard this week to fix little things in order to save points.

“I try to just have fun and not worry about the score because I have no control over the score,” Nichols said.

Head coach Rick Suddaby said the team did well on vault and floor.

“We had two floor routines shine, which were Carolyn’s and Megan’s, and we did well on vault,” Suddaby said.

Suddaby said there are things to work on for the next meet.

“I think we just really need to work on consistency,” Suddaby said.

The Bombers will travel 1 p.m. Feb. 14 to Cornell University for the Cornell Invitational to compete against SUNY Brockport, the Air Force Academy and Cornell.

The next home meet is the Harriet Marranca Invitational, which will include Rhode Island College, The College At Brockport, SUNY Cortland and Temple University. This meet will take place 1 p.m. Feb. 28 in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1375
$2000