$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

IC field hockey team falls short in loss to William Smith

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY CONNOR LANGE

The Ithaca College field hockey team lost 6–2 to the William Smith College Herons on Oct. 8 in Geneva, New York. The loss moved the Bombers back to .500 with a record of 5–5. The Herons are now 9–3 this season.

The Herons started off early, scoring in the 9th minute of the game off a penalty corner.

From then on, the first half was dominated by William Smith, scoring four of its six goals in 22 minutes of play. Senior goalkeeper Katie Lass made nine saves off of 16 shots in the first half. The Bombers only managed six shots, with the Heron goalkeeper only making one save. In the final minute of the first half, the Bombers managed three shots, all of which were unsuccessful.

The second half played a little differently. William Smith came out immediately scoring in the 40th minute of the game, making the score 5–0. They later managed its sixth and final goal in the 55th minute off a deflection in front of the goal. Lass made 10 more saves in the half.

The Blue and Gold finally broke through the Heron defense when senior forward Cassie Schuttrumpf scored an unassisted goal in the 60th minute. Three minutes later, senior forward Colleen Keegan-Twombly scored her 9th goal of the year. She was assisted by junior midfielder Amanda Schell.

Keegan-Twombly, Schuttrumpf and sophomore forward Maria McGloin were the only Bombers who managed shots on the William Smith goalkeeper, senior Biz Chirco.

The Blue and Gold will play against Hartwick College for their next matchup at 1 p.m. Oct. 15 in Oneonta, New York.

$1375
$2000