$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

IC men’s soccer clinches playoff berth with win over Alfred

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY AVERI PARECE

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team hosted and defeated the Alfred University Saxons on Oct. 15 with a score of 2–0. This was Bombers sixth overall win and their fourth Empire 8 Conference win of the season, putting their record at 6–7–0 and 4–1–0 in the Empire 8. With the win, the Bombers have clinched a playoff berth in the Empire 8 Championship.

The Bombers were unable to find the back of the net in the first half, but recorded seven shots to the Saxons six.

The second half began with the Bombers pouring on the pressure with a multitude of corners and shots.

It wasn’t until the 65th minute that the Blue and Gold were able to score the first goal of the match. The Bombers were awarded a corner kick, and senior captain Sam Boylan was able to hit his mark this time, finding senior Ellis Masterman for the header and his first goal of the season.

The Saxons were desperate for an equalizer, but senior goalkeeper Zach Jacobsen remained steadfast, keeping his shutout intact.

The Saxons was awarded a corner in the 88th minute. However, the Bombers were able to capitalize on the set piece instead. Freshman forward Max Barish was able to break free from the Saxons and found himself in open space. He took the ball the length of the field and scored his first goal of the season.

Jacobsen made four saves in his shutout performance, recording his fifth clean sheet of the season.

The Bombers are back in action at 1 p.m. Oct. 22 as they continue their homestand against the Houghton College Highlanders at Carp Wood Field. The South Hill squad will be celebrating the six seniors on the team prior to kick off.

$1375
$2000