$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

IC men’s soccer suffers fifth loss of season to Utica College

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team lost to Utica College 1–0 on Oct. 1 in Utica, New York. This was the Bombers’ first loss against an Empire 8 school and Utica’s second win of the season.

The Pioneers’ offense came out strong, as Utica sophomore midfielder Julian Fonseca had his first shot on goal 45 seconds into the game. The Pioneers had three shots on goal in the first 10 minutes.

The Bombers had eight shots on goal in the first half while Utica had seven, but neither team was unable to capitalize on any, and the score was tied 0–0 heading into halftime.

Utica had a shot on goal in the first minute of the second half and another six minutes later, but both shots went wide. The teams would trade shots back and forth, until the 65th minute, when senior midfielder Owen Gillam scored his second goal of the season to give the Pioneers a 1–0 lead.

The Bombers would have two more shots on goal, including one in the last minute of the game, but they were unable to get past Utica junior goalkeeper Matthew Milograno, who had eight total saves for the day.

The South Hill squad now has a 4–5 record and are 2–1 in Empire 8 play. The team will play Hobart College at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 4 in Geneva, New York.

$1495
$2000