$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

IC men’s soccer team suffers first loss at home this season

SAM DICKSON/THE ITHACAN
Sophomore Jose Contreras shields the ball from a SUNY Oneonta defender in the Bombers game Oct. 12. The Bombers lost to the Red Dragons 3–1.

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team suffered its first loss at home this season against SUNY Oneonta on Oct. 12. The Bombers fell 3–1 to the nationally ranked Red Dragons.

The Red Dragons got on the board early in the fifth minute, when freshman Witman Hernandez scored his seventh goal of the season with a chip over the Bombers goalkeeper, senior Zach Jacobsen.

The Red Dragons continued to push through the Bombers defense, and scored their second goal of the game in the 10th minute. Junior Cory Santangelo found a loose ball at the top of the box and hit a strike into the top corner of the net.

The final goal in the first half came from junior Brandon Arango, to put the Red Dragons up 3–0 on the Bombers. Arango scored off a header from a crossing pass by junior Luke Osavski.

In the second half, the Bombers were able to pursue a comeback with a goal in the 66th minute by freshman Kevin Turi off a loose ball in front of the net.

The Bombers and Red Dragons were unable to find the back of the net for the rest of the game. The Red Dragons also outshot the South Hill squad 21–13.

The Bombers record now stands at 5–7 and the Red Dragons are now 11–2–1.

The Blue and Gold will continue their season against Alfred University at 3 p.m. Oct. 15 at Carp Wood Field.

$1495
$2000