$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

IC women’s tennis competes in Mary Hosking Invitational

The Ithaca College women’s tennis team appeared in the Mary Hosking Invitational Sept. 10–11 in Geneva, New York.

“A” Flight singles play began with a victory with senior Haley Kusak’s 8–6 win over sophomore Camila Garcia from the University of Rochester. Kusak later ended the day with another win, defeating senior Hallie Young of St. Lawrence University.

Moving on to the semifinals, Kusak defeated freshman Allie Kallish of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 8–5 to advance to the finals where she met Rochester’s freshman Sravya Gudipudi. Kusak fell to Gudipudi 9–8 in a tiebreak.

Freshman Brianna Ruback walked away with an 8–2 victory over freshman Tess Lubin for RPI. Ruback advanced to the semifinals against Gudipudi but was defeated 8–4.

Freshman Jane Alkhazov with strong play over the weekend fell to RPI sophomore Makenzi Herbst 8–2. Alkhazov later defeated sophomore Jessica Coombs of Rochester Institute of Technology 8–1 in singles consolation. Alkhazov started the second day of play strong in the “D” Flight singles consolation, defeating sophomore Maggie Sewall of St. Lawrence 8–2. In the finals, Alkhazov eased past SUNY Geneseo’s freshman Lizzie Gellman in an 8–1 decision.

Competing in “A” Flight doubles were Bombers sophomore Caroline Dunn and Kusak, who walked away with two wins on Saturday, beating their William Smith College opponents 9–7 and RPI opponents 8–4. Dunn and Kusak advanced to the semifinals where they came up short in a 9–7 decision against junior Melanie Frank and Kallish of RPI.

The Bombers play again against Empire 8 opponent Elmira College 4 p.m. Sept. 15 in Elmira, New York.

$1495
$2000