$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

IC wrestling continues dominance with victory over Wilkes

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY FERNANDO FERRAZ

The Ithaca College wrestling team continued its dominance Feb. 10 when it defeated Wilkes University in a come-from-behind fashion 34–12. This was also the senior meet for the Bombers, and they honored their 9 graduating wrestlers before the match.

Senior Jimmy Kaishian had one of the toughest matches of the night, as he was facing senior Guesseppe Rea, the No. 2 wrestler in the country. Kaishian, the No. 8 ranked wrestler in the country, came out on top 9–7.

Freshman Tito Colom and junior Chris Wymer both lost their matches to give Wilkes a lead. Freshman Sammy Schneider defeated Wilkes freshman Kyle Medrow 19–4.

Sophomore Jawan Jones lost to Wilkes junior Nicholas Racanelli to give Wilkes a 12–8 lead. Senior Carlos Toribio; juniors Nick Velez and Jaison White; sophomores Jake Ashcraft, Demetri D’Orsaneo and Jake O’Brien; and freshman Ben Brisman won sevenstraight matches for the Bombers. These victories propelled the Bombers to a 34–12 win.

The wrestling team will battle SUNY Cortland at 6 p.m. Feb. 15 in Cortland. This will be the Bombers final duel meet of the season, as they will head to NCAA Regionals on Feb. 25–26 and the NCAA Championships on March 10–11.

$1260
$2000