$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College field hockey records third straight shutout

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY CONNOR LANGE

The Ithaca College field hockey team continued its mid-season run with its third shutout in a row over the Wells College Express 8–0 Sept. 27 in Aurora, New York.

Senior goalkeeper Katie Lass and freshman goalkeeper Savanna Lenker combined to make four saves.

The Bombers started scoring early and often, with its first shot coming in the second minute and first goal by senior forward Colleen Keegan-Twombly coming in the eighth minute.

McGloin scored in the 11th minute, followed by Keegan-Twombly in the 16th minute. Sophomore forward Meg Dowd notched her first goal of the season and junior forward Michaela Donohue scored in the 23rd minute to round out the first half.

The Bombers scored three more goals in the second half, one each by Dowd, freshman forward and midfielder Kendall Keil and senior forward and midfielder Lauren Delia. The Bombers pounded 44 shots on the Wells goalkeeper senior Sydney Line. Sophomore backs Maddie Keppel, Maddy Ryan and senior back Jess Smith anchored a strong Ithaca defense.

The Bombers are now two games over .500 at 5–3 on the year. The win is the team’s first away win. The Bombers next game is against Empire 8 rival St. John Fisher College at 5 p.m. Oct. 1 in Rochester, New York.

$1495
$2000