$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College football drops road game to St. John Fisher

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY JADE CARDICHON

The Ithaca College football team fell to St. John Fisher College 34–17 Oct. 29 in Rochester, New York. The Bombers are now 4–4 on the year, 4–0 at home and 0–4 on the road.

Both defenses came to play in the first quarter, as only five total points were scored. After forcing a three and out on the opening drive, the Bombers drove up the field, and freshman kicker DJ Ellis drilled a 23yard field goal. After forcing the Cardinals to punt again on their next drive, senior quarterback Wolfgang Shafer was sacked by St. John Fisher senior linebacker Chris Smith.

The Cardinals took the lead early in the second quarter on a threeyard rush from junior running back Tony Fusco. They went for two and converted on a pass from senior quarterback Matt Naton to junior wide receiver Mike Collichio and took a sevenpoint lead.  

The Bombers responded on their next drive with a punt, but sophomore linebacker Pat Minogue intercepted Naton on the first play of the Cardinals’ drive to get the ball back for the Bombers. On this drive, the Bombers tied the game on a 20yard drive capped off by a shovel pass from Shafer to junior running back Evan Skea for an eightyard touchdown. The Cardinals then ended the first half with a field goal to take the 13–10 lead.

No points were scored in first 11 minutes of the third quarter, until Naton connected with St. John Fisher freshman wide receiver Dylan Harrington for a 13yard touchdown.

The Bombers struck back at the beginning of the fourth quarter on an eightplay, 77 yard drive that ended with Shafer finding senior wide receiver Brian Balsamo for a 14yard touchdown.

The remainder of the scoring was done by the Cardinals, as Naton connected with St. John Fisher sophomore wide receiver William Coon for a 73yard touchdown on the next drive. The Bombers almost scored again, when freshman wide receiver Will Gladney found the end zone off of a 67yard pass from Shafer that was called back for an illegal touching penalty. The drive ended with the Cardinals scoring a touchdown off a blocked punt.

The Bombers will return to action against SUNY Buffalo at 1 p.m. Nov. 5 at Butterfield Stadium.  

$1260
$2000