$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College men’s soccer team falls in double overtime

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team came close to upsetting the nationally ranked St Lawrence Saints, but the Saints pulled out a victory in double overtime.

The Bombers led the game 1–0 after the first half. In the 42nd minute, junior Eric Hepler knocked in the first collegiate goal of his career. Sophomore Alexander Brosnihan and senior Sam Boylan were credited with the assist.

In the second half, the Saints came back to tie and send the game into overtime. The Blue and Gold mishandled a ball in their defensive end and scored a goal of their own to get the Saints on the board.

In the 104th minute of play, the Saints put one past junior goalkeeper Dan Hinckley off a header from a corner kick. After sudden death overtime, the Bombers walked off the field defeated and with their second loss of the season.

Hinckley made four saves total for the Bombers and earned the loss.

The Saints walked away with their second win of the season and are currently 2–0. They outshot the Bombers 24 to 3, and they did not let the Bombers earn one corner kick throughout the 105 minutes of play.

The Blue and Gold continue their road trip and will face SUNY Cortland next at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 7.

$1495
$2000