$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College women’s soccer suffers first conference loss

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY AVERI PARECE

The Ithaca College women’s soccer team fell to the Nazareth College Golden Flyers 1–0 Oct. 15 on Carp Wood Field. This was the Bombers first Empire 8 Conference loss of the season.

The first half was tightly contested. The Bombers held Nazareth to just seven shot attempts, while only getting eight of their own. Both teams also earned themselves one corner kick opportunity in the first half, but were unable to capitalize.

The Bombers sophomore goalkeeper Stacey DiGiorgio was able to rack up three saves in the first half, keeping the score tied 0–0 going into the break.

In the second half, the Bombers were able to take eight shots in the first 15 minutes. While the Bombers were able to keep the pressure high, Nazareth was able to get on the board in the 73rd minute, after a well placed cross that gave them the eventual game winning goal.

The Bombers pushed hard to tie the game, but were only able to get off three shots in the last 16 minutes of the game. Nazareth was able to hold on for the 1–0 win.

In the end, the Bombers out shot Nazareth 21–10, led by seniors Megan Nash and Jess Demczar, who had six shots each.

This loss brings the Bombers to the third spot in the Empire 8 conference, behind Nazareth and Stevens Institute of Technology, who are in second and first respectively.

The Bombers return home for more Empire 8 action against Elmira College at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 18th on Carp Wood Field.

$1260
$2000