$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College women’s tennis coach earns 200th carrer win

CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN

Bill Austin, head coach of the Ithaca College women’s tennis team, earned his 200th win Oct. 1, when the Bombers defeated Empire 8 opponent Nazareth College 9–0. Austin has been head coach for the past 17 years.

The Bombers double-flights won all three matches. Senior Haley Kusak and sophomore Caroline Dunn, the Bombers’ top-flight, also defeated their opponents 8–4. At second-flight doubles, freshman Brianna Ruback and sophomore Taylor Ginestro fought for an 8–5 victory against the Golden Flyers. At third-flight, senior Maddie Overholt and sophomore Kathryn Shaffer won 8–4.

Kusak and Ruback, the college’s top two singles, locked in the Bombers’ victory. Kusak defeated her opponent, Nazareth senior Jean McCarthy 6–0, 6–1 and Ruback defeated Nazareth sophomore Allison Friends 6–0, 6–0.

At third and fourth-flight singles, Dunn and senior Jodi Grosberg battled through hard fought matches. Dunn captured a 6–2, 6–3 victory and Grosberg came out with a 6–0, 6–4 victory.

The Bombers return to play against Empire 8 opponent St. John Fisher College at noon Oct. 8 at the Ben Wheeler Tennis Courts.

$1495
$2000