$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Liberty League and Ithaca College update spring sport spectator policy

Abbey London/The Ithacan
Ithaca College students will be able to attend competitions for baseball, softball, tennis, lacrosse and crew. The outdoor track and field teams do not have a home facility for competition.

Ithaca College will permit students to attend home athletic contests in person starting April 9. 

The decision was made after the Liberty League agreed on a new spectator policy for the rest of the Spring 2021 athletic season March 30. Outside fans, which includes student-athletes’ families on both home and visiting teams, will not be allowed to attend events. Individual institutions have the choice whether or not to allow current students, faculty and staff to attend.

Students must display their green badge after clearing their COVID-19 Daily Health Screening survey from the college’s Center for Counseling, Health and Wellness. Social distancing will be implemented at events. 

Students will be able to attend competitions for baseball at Freeman Field, softball at Kostrinsky Field, tennis at Glazer Arena and Wheeler Tennis Courts, lacrosse at Higgins Stadium and crew at the Robert B. Tallman Rowing Center. There are capacity limitations at each location that will be announced later and are based on New York state guidelines. The outdoor track and field teams do not have a home facility for competition, and all of their meets are held away. 

Unapproved visitors are not allowed at home contests. This includes parents, family members and friends who are not part of the campus community. 

Please know how much we would love to welcome family and friends to campus, but it is just not possible at this time,” Susan Bassett, associate vice president and director of the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, said in a statement. “It is essential that we keep our ‘Bomber Bubble’ intact. After a full year with no competition, the ability to compete this spring is truly a privilege. Continued participation is fragile. Our goal is to complete our seasons, contend for Liberty League Championships and qualify for the NCAA Championships. Every additional contact puts the seasons at risk.”

$1375
$2000