$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s and Women’s track and field has successful weekend

Both the men’s and women’s indoor track and field teams competed Jan. 30 across three separate events.

The women’s team sent the majority of its members to The College at Brockport Golden Eagle Multi & Invitational, while the rest completed the second day of the John Thomas Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University in the distance medley relay. The men’s team also sent members to Brockport, while the remainder competed at the Robert Kane Invitational hosted by Cornell University.

Junior Brandy Smith secured a win for the Blue and Gold in the weight throw competition with a distance of 16.37 meters, which met Eastern College Athletic Conference standards. Junior Yvonne Palacios finished in second overall with a distance of 15.71 meters to also qualify for ECAC standards.

Fellow junior Francesca Boylan competed in the weight throw and finished in eighth place with a distance of 13.39 meters.  She also competed in the shot put competition and placed eighth with a throw of 11.36 meters.

In the long jump, senior Emily Williams came in fourth with a leap of 4.99 meters while freshman Jordan Beckley landed at 4.93 meters to come in seventh.

Junior Natalie Meyer and senior Alex Rechen both finished in third in the high jump and pole vault, respectively.

As for the rest of the team in Boston, the South Hill squad saw its distance medley relay team, consisting of seniors Rachelle Sartori and Eliza Dewart and sophomores Sierra Grazia and Taryn Cordani, finish 10th overall to meet ECAC standards with a time of 12:16.47.

The men’s team fared well in Brockport, as senior Andrew Brandt set a facility record by winning the high jump with a mark of 2.00 meters.

Another victory came from senior De’Marquis Malone as he finished with a distance of 6.82 meters, which qualifies for the ECAC lead. Senior Aaron Matthias finished with a leap of 6.78 meters and took third place.

Matthias also finished in third in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.26 seconds, while freshman Jake Dombek ran the 60-meter dash in 7.54 seconds to take eighth place.

In the pole vault, three members of the Blue and Gold managed to place in the top eight. Junior Daniel Drill and freshman Lee Matthews tied for fifth as they cleared heights of 4.05 meters. Sophomore Seth Abbott finished eighth in the event and reached 4.05 meters.

Over at Cornell, junior Sean Phillips finished with an ECAC-qualifying time of 2:32.42 in the 1,000-meter run to finish third overall. Junior Brendan Davis completed the event in 2:37.39 to take seventh.

The top Division III runner, Junior Jesse Capellaro, completed the 5,000-meter run with a time of 15:55.57 and finished second overall. Junior Shane Connor finished in seventh at 17:04.03.

Two Bombers finished in the top five in the 400-meter dash, as sophomore Gerardo Munoz took third as he clocked a time of 51.96 seconds, while freshman Derek Howes finished in 1:08.23.

Two of the team’s relay squads finished in the top ten in their respective events, as the 4×800-meter squad of Phillips, Davis, freshman Daniel Hart and junior Chris Gutierrez took first place with a time of 8:18.93.

The 4×400-meter team of Munoz and seniors Brandon Leary, John Fausold and Zane Shephard took sixth with a time of 3:33.65.

Both the men’s and women’s teams return to action Feb. 6 and 7 at the Bomber Invitational & Multi at 10 a.m. in the Glazer Arena.

$1495
$2000