$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s lacrosse concludes regular season with a win

After clinching home field advantage for the Empire 8 tournament with its win over Elmira College on April 27, the No. 2 ranked Ithaca College men’s lacrosse team defeated Hartwick College 16–3 in its final game of the regular season April 30.

With this win, the Bombers finish out the season with a 16–1 record, an 8–0 conference record and 14 consecutive wins.

The game started off slow, as no team scored for the first eight minutes and 20 seconds of game. The Bombers ended the first quarter with a 2–1 lead off goals from freshman midfielder Josh Della Puca and sophomore attackman Jake Cotton. An assist from freshman attackman Sam Ferguson led to a goal from junior midfielder Jake Sachse for the lone goal of the quarter for Hartwick.

The South Hill squad found its stride in the second quarter, shutting out the Hawks and putting up seven goals of their own. Junior attackman Jack Shumway netted all three of his goals in the second quarter, Della Puca and Cotton each scored another goal and junior attackman John Januszkiewicz and senior midfielder Mike Walker scored as well.

The Blue and Gold continued its dominance in the third quarter, outscoring Hartwick 4–1.  Januszkiewicz and sophomore midfielder Stephen Morrell each scored two goals for the Bombers. Junior attackman Connor Long scored the Hawks’ second goal of the game.

The Bombers slowed down their play in the fourth quarter, as they only scored three goals and allowed one. Della Puca capped off his hat trick with his third goal of the game and 23rd of the season, while junior attackman Sean Ferrito and freshman midfielder Brendon Lao also scored in the fourth quarter. The final goal of the game was scored by Hartwick’s Chris Vaden.

Senior Scott Sidnam received the win in goal after playing the first three quarters of the game and making nine saves. Juniors Jack Deragon and Justin Isaacs and freshman Davis Bird split the fourth quarter.

The Bombers return to action May 4 when they host St. John Fisher College in the semifinals of the Empire 8 tournament.

$1495
$2000