$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s lacrosse team slays Oneonta Red Dragons

The No. 19–ranked Ithaca College men’s lacrosse team brought home another dominant win March 23 defeating SUNY Oneonta 17–4. The Bombers are now 6–1 this season, with all but one of their wins coming by double-digit margins.

The game began slowly as both teams combined to score only four goals in the first quarter: three goals from the Bombers and one from the Red Dragons. Junior attackman Nathan Doody kicked off the action by netting the first goal of the game to give the Red Dragons a 1–0 lead. The Bombers then closed out the quarter with three goals, beginning with one from freshman midfielder Josh Della Puca and one each from sophomore midfielders David Drozjock and Stephen Morrell.

The South Hill squad carried that momentum into the second quarter. They added six consecutive goals before the Red Dragons could put one in to end the quarter. Della Puca, Morrell and Drozjock each scored once more as did sophomore attackman Jake Cotton, freshman attackman Will Witter and freshman midfielder Brendon Lao. Oneonta closed out the first half with its second goal of the game coming off of the stick of senior midfielder Connor Coyle. The score at the end of the first half was 9–2.

The Blue and Gold extended their lead by four five in the third quarter as Drozjock scored two more goals along with one more from Cotton and one each from junior defenseman Winston Wenham and senior midfielder Michael Walker. Coyle drilled his second goal of the game and third overall for the Red Dragons in the third quarter to make the score 14–3. Doody commenced the fourth quarter with his second and Oneonta’s last goal of the game. The Bombers ended the game with three more goals, one each from Cotton, freshman attackman Connor Hulme and sophomore attackman Kaelan Fitzpatrick, making the final score 17–4.

Senior Scott Sidnam got the win for the Bombers and similarly to other blowouts did not play the whole game. Junior Jack Deragon replaced Sidnam between the pipes for the final nine minutes and 17 seconds of the game.
The Bombers will play their first Empire 8 game of the season when they take the field for their next game at 1 p.m. March 26 at Higgins Stadium against Utica College.  

$1495
$2000