$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Soccer: Bombers fall to top-ranked St. Lawrence

The men’s soccer team lost to St. Lawrence University 4–0 Sunday at Carp Wood Field and are now 1–4–1 on the season. The Saints remain the number one team in the NCAA Division III men’s soccer.

Freshman goalkeeper Jordan Gentile got the start in goal and registered four saves. The Bombers took 10 shots to the Saints’ 14.

St. Lawrence University opened up the scoring barrage in the 14th minute when an errant goal kick was intercepted and turned into a breakaway goal. The Saints scored two minutes later after a combination of passes lead to a one-touch shot. The score remained 2–0 by halftime.

The Saints extended their lead two minutes into the second half following a throw-in opportunity. They struck again in the 62nd minute as a scramble for the ball created an open look.

St. Lawrence University Head Coach Bob Durocher said his team’s success in maintaining possession of the ball was crucial to their victory.

“It’s really important for us to keep the ball,” he said. “If we can get our spacing right on the field, it’s hard for the defense because they have to run around and chase.”

The Blue and Gold did chase all game, as they fell behind early but didn’t stop trying.

Bombers Head Coach Andy Byrne said he was anticipating a better performance from his team, but realizes the opposition is the best in the country.

“It isn’t what I expected,” he said. “I thought we could play a little bit better than we did. But they were a good team.”

$1495
$2000