$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Soccer: South Hill squad picks up first win against Nichols College

The men’s soccer team achieved its first win of the season with a 3-1 victory over Nichols College on Sunday. The Bombers finished the Xara Classic hosted by Keene State College with a 1-1 record.

The Bombers were able to score early when sophomore midfielder Greg Hepper beat a Nichols defender in the box and drew out freshman goalie Alex Geas. Hepper then passed to freshman midfielder Drew Tallon, who put the ball in the back of the net. Tallon recorded the first collegiate goal of his career. The Blue and Gold then extended their lead to 2-0 in the 31st minute after sophomore midfielder A.J. Wolfanger scored on an assist from sophomore forward Tim Goldman.

Nichols was able to put one up on the board in the 70th minute with a goal by freshman midfielder Tiago Prazeres, but it would not be enough for a comeback. The South Hill squad was able to score one more time in the final minute as Goldman took advantage of a defensive miscue and converted his first goal of the season.

Sophomore goalkeeper Jordan Gentile earned his first win of the season after playing all 90 minutes of the game. Gentile recorded six saves.

The Bombers will continue their road trip with a 7 p.m. matchup Wednesday against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y.

$1495
$2000