$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s tennis team competes at Bloomsburg Invitational

The Ithaca College men’s tennis team competed in the Bloomsburg Invitational in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, on Sept. 17–18, its second tournament of the fall season. They played in singles and doubles matches against Wilkes University and the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, which competes at the Division II level.

Four doubles teams were sent in for eight-game pro sets. In a match that took an extra game to decide, freshman Minos Stavrakas and sophomore Michael Gardiner were bettered by Bloomburg duo sophomore Dhir Gala and senior Pablo Herrero. Senior Nate Wolf and freshman Liam Spiegel loss 8–2, while sophomore Stefan Lazarevic and sophomore Ben Sharpe also fell short 8–2. Freshmen Colten Lavery and Max Prestwich were the only victors for the Bombers, winning 8–3.

In singles play, there were several Bombers who made it to the third round after winning their second round matches. In the third round, Stavrakas had a 6–4, 7–6 victory, Lavery had a 6–3, 7–5 win, Wolf won 7–5, 6–3, Prestwich came on top 6–1, 6–4 and Lazarevic had a three-set victory, winning with the final tally 4–6, 6–4, 10–3.

The Bombers had a couple victories over Bloomsburg players as well. Spiegel won 6–3, 6–4 and Lazarevic won 7–6, 6–2.

The Bombers will finish the fall portion of their season when they compete in the ITA Northeast Regional Championships Oct. 1–3 in Geneva, New York.

$1495
$2000