$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s tennis team picks up two more dominate wins

The Ithaca College men’s tennis team picked up two more 9–0 victories over Alfred University on April 15 and Houghton College on April 16.

Against Alfred, the South Hill squad had a tough fight for the doubles wins. Junior Wes Davis and sophomore Lorenzo Viguie-Ramos had an 8–4 win at first doubles. Senior Chris Hayes and freshman Stefan Lazarevic came away with 8–5 win in second doubles. Juniors Nate Wolf and Brandon Buksbaum had an 8–4 win in third doubles.

Over in the single action, each player won their match in the second set, except for Hayes.

Saxons senior Connor Doud won the first set 4–6, but Hayes fought back hard and won the remaining two sets 6–4 and 10–4, respectively, in order to secure the match. With the win, this match puts Hayes at 96 career wins.

Davis almost shut out his opponent, sophomore Mike Wisniewski, in second singles, with scores of 6–1 and 6–0.

Each of the six doubles players also played singles, which caused the win to mean even more to the team. Hayes said it was great for everyone to be victorious in that manner.

“It was great that everyone was a double winner and got involved yesterday,” Hayes said. “We are looking to build our momentum going into Houghton today and Hartwick on Wednesday.”

The next day, against Houghton, the Bombers took all three doubles matches and six singles matches, winning every match in straight sets.

Hayes and Viguie-Ramos obtained their 10th singles wins of the year.

During the first singles, Hayes earned a 6–1, 6–1 win while Viguie-Ramos posted a 6–2, 6–2 win during fifth singles.

Davis earned a 6–0, 6–1 win at second singles, while Buksbaum obtained a 6–3, 6–3 win at fourth singles.

Wolf earned a 6-3, 6-1 win during the third flight, while Lazarevic won 6–2, 6–1 at sixth singles.

Davis and Viguie-Ramos won 8–2 at the first flight as a duo, while Hayes and Lazarevic got an 8–4 win in the second flight, and Wolf and Buksbaum were victorious with 8–2 in the third flight.

Davis said this match is helping them prepare for the tough competition that they will face at the end of the season.

“I thought we played really well today, up and down the lineup,” Davis said. “Houghton is a well coached team, so this was a good win for us on the road to E8’s.”

The Bombers will host Hartwick College in an Empire 8 match at 4 p.m. April 20 on the Ben Wheeler tennis courts.

$1495
$2000