$1275
$2000

Offense struggles in women’s basketball lose to Williams Smith

Coming off its first lost since Nov. 18, the women’s basketball team dropped its second straight game, losing 52–44 to William Smith College on Dec. 11 in Geneva, New York. The Blue and Gold are now winless in three road games this season and are 3–4 overall on the season.

Defense was the focal point of the game, especially in the second half as both teams were limited to nine points in the third quarter. The game remained close until halfway through the fourth quarter, when the Herons put together a run composed of stifling defense and solid offense.

The South Hill squad struggled on the offensive side of the ball, shooting only 23.8 percent from the field.

Coming off a 24-point performance against St. Lawrence College on Dec. 5, sophomore guard Jordan Beers continued her impressive season for the Bombers, by scoring 16 points and dishing out three assists. Beers was also the only Bomber to hit a 3-pointer, as she made three of her six attempts, including one with 45 seconds left in the game that brought the Bombers within three points.

Junior forward Erin Ferguson was the only other Bomber in double figures, as she posted 10 points on 50 percent shooting. Junior Ali Richiutti, the team’s leading scorer, struggled from the field, scoring only six points on 3–13 shooting and managing to grab five rebounds.

Sophomore Julie Yacovoni had a solid all-around game off the bench, scoring four points, while grabbing five rebounds and dishing out three assists in 12 minutes.

The Blue and Gold struggled to contain the Heron forwards, as freshman Mia Morrison and junior Gabrielle Eure scored 15 and 13 points, respectively. Eure was a perfect 6–6 from the field, while also earning a double-double with 11 rebounds.

The Bombers will look to rebound from a slow start to the season when they return home Dec. 12 to take on the University of Rochester at 4 p.m. at in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1275
$2000