$1275
$2000

Softball dominates doubleheader against Nazareth College

The Ithaca College softball team went two for two in its doubleheader April 2, winning both games against Nazareth College. The Bombers totaled 31 runs over the two games.

In the first game, the Bombers won 12–1 in five innings. They were first to get on the board, as freshman Vanessa Brown would bring home freshman Nikkey Skuraton. Then the Bombers’ bats came alive in the second inning as they brought in seven runs across the plate. They would score twice in the fourth, including a homerun by Skuraton that would bring home sophomore Allie Colleran. Freshman Hannah Anderson would blast one over left center field, bringing home herself and fellow freshman Samantha Velez in the top of the fifth.

Nazareth would score its lone run with a home run in the bottom of the fifth inning by senior Morgan Ross.

Senior Laura Quicker got the start for the Bombers and would strike out five batters over five innings. She ended the game surrendering one run and walking two batters. Skuraton had herself a day at the plate, hitting both times she came up to bat, as well as driving in three runs and scoring three of her own.

The second game was another high scoring affair. However, it would be a little closer as the South Hill squad scored 19 runs and Nazareth scored 13.

The South Hill squad again got things going in the top of the first inning with three runs. Skuraton would be the first to score off an error from freshman catcher Laurel Simon. Senior Casey Gavin would also hit a single to center field that would drive home Brown and senior Kelly Robichaud.

The Golden Flyers answered right back in the bottom of the first, scoring two runs. Scoring would continue to go back and forth, with the fifth inning being the only inning both teams didn’t score. The Bombers had two five-run innings in the fourth and the seventh.

Senior Allison Macari only pitched one inning with one strikeout, giving up four runs. Freshman Haley Congdon would be credited with the win after she came in and pitched 4.1 innings. She struck out five batters and gave up seven earned runs with two walks. Quicker would come in for 1.2 innings of relief pitching where she struck out two and gave up one run.

At the plate, Robichaud had a day, hitting five times out of her six at bat. She would bring home two runs, while totaling two runs of her own.

The Bombers are back on the road again at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. April 9, where they will face off against Elmira College for a doubleheader.

$1275
$2000