$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Softball falls to Rowan University in NCAA Super Regionals

The Ithaca College softball team lost two games in the best-of-three series to Rowan University in the NCAA Championship Super Regionals on May 20–21, ending the Bombers season.

In the first game on May 20, the Bombers lost 1–0. Senior pitcher Allison Macari gave up the lone run to Rowan junior infielder Damariz Mercado off a solo home run in the second inning. Macari gave up five hits and four strikeouts in her seven innings of work.

In the second game, Rowan got on the board quickly, scoring three runs in the first inning. Sophomore outfielder Morgan Smith hit a double down right field, scoring two teammates. Smith then scored on a fly out from Mercado.

In the top of the third, the Bombers began their comeback. Freshman infielder Nikkey Skuraton started off the inning with a hit by pitch. She advanced to third off of a double from senior catcher Kelly Robichaud. Senior infielder Casey Gavin put a run on the board off a single to left field, scoring Skuraton. On the next at bat, senior outfielder Erin McQuillan singled to center, scoring Robichaud. The Bombers concluded the inning trailing by one.

Rowan put its final run on the board in the fourth. Senior infielder Shilah Snead hit a solo shot to left center.

The Bombers put one more up on the board in the top of the sixth. Sophomore infielder Allie Colleran got on with a double and freshman infielder Hannah Anderson singled through the left to score Colleran.

The Blue and Gold were unable to complete its rally and fell short 4–3. Macari started the game and pitched 3.2 innings giving up all four of Rowan’s runs. Freshman pitcher Haley Congdon pitched .2 innings following Macari for relief. Senior pitcher Laura Quicker finished out the rest of the game with three strikeouts.

Rowan will advance to the NCAA Championship World Series on May 26–31 in Salem, Virginia.

$1375
$2000