$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Softball remains undefeated in Empire 8 Conference play

The Ithaca College softball team continued its dominance of the Empire 8 Conference after defeating Elmira in both games of a doubleheader April 18. The Bombers are now 10–0 in conference play.

Game one saw the Bombers get off to an early lead and never fall short, defeating the Soaring Eagles 10–1. The Bombers drew first blood in the second inning, scoring two runs after freshman shortstop Hannah Anderson popped a sacrifice fly out to center field that brought home senior first baseman Casey Gavin. Freshman designated hitter Alex Wright would also score in the inning.

In the top of the third, the Blue and Gold struck again driving in five runs to give them a seven-to-nothing lead. In the bottom of the third, the Bombers would give up the lone run after an error at third base. That would be it for the Soaring Eagles, but not for the Bombers, who closed out the game with three more runs in the top of the fifth.

Senior Laura Quicker got the win and is now 11–2 on the season. She led the game with a perfect ERA of zero and struck out four in five innings pitched.

Gavin led the Bombers offense with three at-bats, two runs and two hits.

In game two of the evening, the Bombers won again shutting out the Flyers 6–0. The Blue and Gold scored consecutively through four innings, which started in the second. Wright scored off an error by the second baseman allowing her to score from second.

In the third inning, freshman third baseman Vanessa Brown singled up the middle, allowing junior right fielder Jessie Fleck and senior center fielder Erin McQuillan to score. Gavin would knock a bomb out into left field in the fourth, her second of the season. For the final runs of the game, senior catcher Kelly Robichaud hit a two-run homerun out to left center.

Senior pitcher Allison Macari would be credited with the shutout win, putting her at 6–3 on the season. She also posted an ERA of zero with seven strikeouts over seven innings pitched.

Brown led the Bombers with four at-bats, two hits and two RBI’s.

The Bombers next game will at 3 p.m. April 20 as they take on their rivals SUNY Cortland at Kostrinsky Field in a doubleheader.

$1375
$2000