$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Softball: Softball splits E8 opener

The Bombers softball team opened up Empire 8 conference play by splitting a doubleheader yesterday afternoon at Stevens Institute of Technology. The Blue and Gold shut out the Ducks 4–0 in the first game, then dropped the second 5–4 in eight innings.

Senior pitcher and third baseman Allison Greaney threw a complete game shutout in game one, striking out 10. Freshman infielder Julianne Vincent and junior shortstop Annmarie Forenza had RBI hits in a three-run second inning. Eight different players had all of Ithaca’s eight hits in the game.

In the second game, Greaney drove in two runs on a bases loaded two out single in the first. Vincent added a sac fly to build an early 3–0 lead, which Stevens had erased by the fifth inning. Ithaca rallied to tie in the top of the sixth, but the Ducks scored the game winning run on a throwing error by senior second baseman Kat Dolan in the bottom of the eighth inning.

Freshman pitcher Jillian Olmstead took the loss in relief, pitching the final 2 1/3 innings.

The South Hill squad will play their home opener, a doubleheader against University of Rochester rescheduled from last weekend, at 2 p.m. today at Kostrinsky Field.

$1495
$2000