$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Softball wins final two home games of the regular season

FERNANDO FERRAZ/THE ITHACAN
Freshman Nikkey Skuraton had an RBI single in the bottom of the second inning in the second game of a doubleheader against Union College.

The nationally ranked Ithaca College softball team picked up two more wins from a doubleheader against Union College on April 27. The Bombers are now 29–7 on the season.

In the first game, senior pitcher Laura Quicker pitched her fifth complete game shutout of the season. Quicker gave up two hits and three walks in the Bombers’ 8–0 victory.

In the bottom of the second, the Bombers got on the board when senior catcher Kelly Robichaud scored off a double by freshman shortstop Hannah Anderson.

In the third, senior first baseman Casey Gavin and Robichaud hit back-to-back homeruns, Gavin with a two-run home run and Robichaud with a solo shot that put the Bombers up 4–0.

In the following two innings, sophomore right fielder Emily Bloom scored off a wild pitch, Robichaud hit her second solo home run of the game. and The Blue and Gold added two more runs after Robichaud’s blast to end the game on a mercy rule, when one side is leading by eight runs after the fifth.

In the second game, Robichaud added another hit on the day in the first inning to score junior center fielder Jessie Fleck.

In the following inning, freshman second baseman Nikkey Skuraton singled to right field to send home Anderson.

With the Bombers leading 2–0 entering the fourth, the Blue and Gold’s offense added six more runs. The six-run inning began when Bloom scored off an error from first base. Skuraton, who reached base on the error, scored off the following play, a ground out to second. Sophomore left fielder Allie Colleran blasted a two-run shot left field, scoring freshman third baseman Vanessa Brown, who reached home on an error. Robichaud again hit a home run, her third of the series, to put the Bombers up 7–0. The final run of the game came when freshman designated hitter Alex Wright scored off a double from Bloom.

Ending the game in five innings due to the mercy rule again, the Bombers ended the day with another 8–0 win.

Senior pitcher Allison Macari pitched a complete game shutout on the day. Macari gave up two hits and had eight strikeouts.

The Bombers will wrap up regular season play in another doubleheader starting at 12 p.m. May 1 against Buffalo State College in Buffalo, N.Y.

$1495
$2000