$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Squad takes down Utica

Late game heroics by freshman midfielder Michelle Avery gave Ithaca its second win in as many days against an Empire 8 opponent. Trailing 8–5 at the half, the Bombers scored three goals in the final four minutes of the game to defeat St. John Fisher College 14–13 yesterday.
The goal was Avery’s sixth of the season and came off a ground ball that was put back off a missed shot. Senior attack Kylie McClure led the South Hill squad with four goals on the afternoon, including one that knotted the score at 13 with just under three minutes to play. Freshman midfielder Tracy Rivas scored three, including two during the late run.
Ithaca was outshot 32–26 and had five fewer ground balls than Fisher, but was able to maintain a slight edge in draw controls to mount a comeback.
Freshman Jess Worthman got the start in net, but it was senior Courtney Dowell who picked up the win, allowing only one goal over the final 10 minutes of the game.
The Blue and Gold have their home opener at 4 p.m. Wednesday when they host Utica College at Carp Wood Field.

$1495
$2000