$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Track and field competes in Nazareth College/ROC City Classic

The Ithaca College track and field squads participated in the Nazareth College/ROC City Classic on April 11. The Bombers had five Eastern College Athletic Conference qualifying performances.

Senior Amber Edwards ran the 100-meter hurdles in 15.26 seconds to tie for first and met the ECAC requirements. Freshman Gianna Folz and senior Allie Nugent finished tied for fifth with times of 15.79 seconds, qualifying them for ECACs as well.

Senior Sarah Werner finished second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.60 seconds, a mere .13 seconds behind the first-place finisher. Her time also qualified her for ECACs. Werner also finished fifth in the 200-meter dash, but failed to qualify for ECACs by less than a second.

The fifth ECAC qualifier for the Bombers was junior Brandy Smith, who finished second in the discus throw. Smith threw for 39.79 meters, locking her in at second place and passing the ECAC standards. The junior also finished eighth in the hammer throw with a distance of 38.05 meters.

Four Bombers were able to finish within the top four in the high jump. Freshman Catherine Larkin and sophomore Grace Ryan tied for second with a height of 1.52 meters, while Folz and sophomore Brianna Hayes tied for fourth with marks of 1.47 meters.

Sophomore Sophie Feuer continued her exceptional play this season with a second place finish in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:00.04.

Sophomore Kassandra Reagan finished fourth in the javelin throw with a distance of 29.20 meters, falling less than a meter out of a top three finish.

Junior Yvonne Palacios and freshmen Emilie Mertz both claimed sixth in their respective events. Palacios finished the discus with a distance of 35.59 meters and Mertz finished the 3,000 steeplechase in 12:05.57.

Freshman Britney Swarthout also finished the day with a strong effort in the 400-meter hurdles, finishing third in the event with a time of 1:07.65. Sophomore Amber Edwards claimed sixth in the same event, clocking in at 1:08.66.

The men’s team only brought two participants to the event, freshman Alex Arika and senior Samuel Cherney. Arika participated in the triple jump, leaping to a distance of 12.47 meters, good enough for seventh overall. Cherney claimed sixth in the discus throw with a throw of 38.98 meters.

The Bombers will be in action once again at 10 a.m. April 15 at the Greyhound Invitational at Moravian College.

$1495
$2000