$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Track and field has successful showing at two invitationals

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams competed in the Pioneer Invitational on Feb. 20 in Utica, New York. The men’s team also had some members remain in Ithaca to compete at the Marc Deneault Invitational at Cornell University.

For the women, junior Katherine Pitman broke her own school record in the pole vault, with a 4.00-meter vault to place her first in the meet. Senior Alex Rechen came in second, with her highest vault reaching 3.75 meters.

Senior Sarah Werner won the 60-meter dash in 7.88, a facility record time. Freshman Emilie Mertz had a first-place finish for the Bombers in the 800-meter run, clocking in at 2:23.61.

Sophomore Denise Ibarra claimed the 3,000-meter run, finishing in 10:47.07. Seniors Emily Krakowski and Michaela Cioffredi placed second and third respectively in the event.

Sophomore Charis Lu won the shot put event with a 12.18-meter mark. Junior Brandy Smith set a facility best mark of 17.27 meters and finished first in weight throw.

The 4×200-meter relay team, consisting of seniors Lizzi Dowling, Christine Kelly and Emily Williams and freshman Britney Swarthout, placed first in 1:48.09, setting another facility record.

Sophomore Brianna Hayes competed in the high jump event and cleared a height of 1.55 meters. Hayes was runner-up in the event.

For the men’s representation in Utica, senior Andrew Brandt cleared 1.98 meters in high jump to place first in the event. Teammate Andrew Matthias set a facility record with a 6.93-meter mark in long jump. Freshman Alex Arika took second in triple jump with a mark of 13.33 meters.

Junior Larry Cass finished fourth in weight throw with 14.87 meters.

At Cornell, freshman Derek Howes and seniors Jordan Smith, Zane Shephard and John Fausold placed third in the 4×400-meter relay after clocking in at 3:30.79.

Sophomore Gerardo Munoz Celada took fourth in the 500-meter dash, finishing in 1:07.30.

Both squads will be hosting the New York State Collegiate Track Conference Championships on Feb. 26 and 27 in Glazer Arena.

$1495
$2000