$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Track and field teams compete at Muhlenberg Invitational

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams traveled to Allentown, Pennsylvania, to partake in the Muhlenberg Invitational on April 1–2.

The men’s weekend was topped off by exceptional performances by senior Andrew Brandt, junior Sean Phillips and sophomore David Dorsey, who all finished in the top two in their respective events.

Brandt won the high jump with a leap of 1.98 meters and also qualified for the Eastern College Athletic Conference with his performance.

Dorsey tied for first in the pole vault with a height of 4.27 meters. The two other competitors who tied Dorsey were Division I pole vaulters from Lehigh University.

Phillips was the runner up in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:03.19. Classmate Brendan Davis followed in fourth with a time of 4:03.82.

The women’s top performers at the meet were junior Katherine Pitman, sophomore Denise Ibarra and freshman Lusmer Quintana.

Pitman tied her school record in the pole vault with a height of 3.80 meters to win the event. Senior Alex Rechen and junior Amanda Zaput came in third and fourth in the event, achieving heights of 3.20 meters and 3.05 meters, respectively.

Sophomore Denise Ibarra dominated the competition in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:17.36. She beat the runner up by 17 seconds.

Quintana also had a very successful day, finishing second in the 100-meter dash, clocking in at a time of 12.58 seconds, qualifying her for ECAC’s. Senior Sarah Werner followed Quintana with a third place finish in 12.65 seconds.

Quintana and Werner both competed in the 4×100 meter relay with seniors Eliza Dewart and Lizzi Dowling. They were able to cross the plane with a time of 50.92 seconds, which was good enough to claim second in the event. The “B” team, made up of seniors Christine Kelly and Emily Williams and juniors Rose Paskoff and Colleen Smith finished the race just .03 seconds behind the “A” squad, securing a second and third placement for the Bombers.

Both teams will look to continue their strong play in the Coach P Open on April 8–9 at Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

$1495
$2000