$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Track and field teams compete at Susquehanna Invitational

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams competed in their season opener at the Susquehanna Invitational on March 26 at Susquehanna University.

On the women’s side, sophomore Denise Ibarra got things started for the women by finishing in second place in the 5,000-meter run in 18:11.83. Junior Emily Drain finished first in the 10,000-meter run in 41:01.66, while freshman Amanda StClair and freshman Hailey Nase were fourth and fifth in 42:55.48 and 43:26.88, respectively.

The 4×100-meter ‘A’ relay of sophomore Sierra Grazia, freshman Emilie Mertz, junior Kristin Lynn and sophomore Sophia Feuer came in fourth at 49.97, while the ‘B’ relay of senior Anna Fay, freshman Viktoria Schultz, junior Eliza Dewart and junior Rose Paskoff came in sixth at 51.40.

In the 100-meter hurdles, freshman Gianna Folz and senior Allie Nugent finished eighth and ninth with times of 16.17 and 16.20, respectively, while freshman Lusmer Quintana and senior Sarah Werner went one-two in the 100-meter dash. Mertz and senior Rachelle Sartori were fifth and sixth in the 1500-meter run.

Senior Christine Kelly finished 11th in the 400-meter dash and sophomore Brianna Hayes was 14th. Freshman Britney Swarthout and Dewart were sixth and seventh in the 400-meter hurdles with times of 1:08.18 and 1:08.28, respectively. Dewart was also seventh in the 200-meter dash in 26.32 and Feuer was ninth with a time of 26.50.

The ‘A’ and ‘B’ 4×400-meter relay teams finished in sixth and seventh place. They were composed of Feuer, Mertz, Grazia and Lynn, and Paskoff, Schultz, senior Kristen Pompey and Swarthout.

On the field, sophomore Caitlin Noonan threw the hammer 44.27 meters, which was good for fifth place. Senior Elizabeth Dowling jumped 4.80 meters in the long jump. Junior Katherine Pitman and senior Alex Rechen went one-two in the pole vault.

Junior Natalie Meyer tied for third in the high jump, while freshman Cortlyn Raynes and junior Francesca Boylan were 11th and 12th in the javelin throw.

On the men’s side, junior Andrew Ward clocked 16.16 in the 110-meter hurdles, placing him sixth. Junior Larry Cass placed fourth in the hammer throw by throwing it 50.71 meters. He later finished 11th in shot put.

Senior Sam Cherney threw the discus 39.71 meters, putting him in seventh. Freshman Kyle Davis completed the long jump in 5.98 meters, finishing him in ninth.

Juniors Thomas Battistelli and Matt Foster came up eighth and 10th, respectively, in the pole vault. Freshman Alex Arika was fourth in the triple jump, jumping 12.96 meters, and junior Gabe Shakour threw the javelin 43.75 meters, good for 13th.

The Bombers will compete next at 4 p.m. April 1 and 10 a.m. April 2 at the Muhlenberg Invitational in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

$1495
$2000