$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Weekend preview: Eight IC varsity sports teams in action

CAITIE IHRIG/THE ITHACAN
The volleyball team huddles before its game Sept. 6 in Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers will play in the Buttermaker Tournament Sept. 9–10 against the University of Scranton, Desales University, Muhlenberg College and Cabrini University.

Entering the second weekend of fall sports, eight Bomber teams look to record wins.

The volleyball team will kick off the weekend with the two-day Buttermaker Tournament at 3 p.m. on Sept. 9 against the University of Scranton Royals in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Following this match, they will play at 5 p.m. on the same day against the DeSales University Bulldogs. The following day, the Bombers will take on the Muhlenberg College Mules at 10 a.m. The team will finish the weekend with a matchup against Cabrini University at noon the same day.

With their first home game of the season, the women’s field hockey team will take on the Utica College Pioneers. This match against the Pioneers will be the Bombers’ first Empire 8 Conference game of the season. Last year, the Blue and Gold were able to defeat Utica 2–1. The team will look to senior forward Colleen Keegan-Twombly to continue finding the back of the net.

Coming off strong seasons last fall, both the men’s and women’s crosscountry teams will participate in the Hamilton College Short Course Invite. This will be the first official race of the season for both teams.

After losing in the Empire 8 Championship to the Stevens Institute of Technology Ducks last season for the seventh consecutive year, the men’s tennis team look to defeat the Ducks this year. They open up their year with the St. Lawrence Fall Classic.

The women’s tennis team will also compete this weekend as they participate in the Mary Hosking Invitational.

Both the women’s and men’s soccer squads will compete this weekend. The men’s team will play their fourth consecutive away game of the season against the Marywood University Pacers. The women’s team will play their second home match of the season against Farmingdale State College.

Full weekend game schedule:

• Volleyball will be playing in the Buttermaker Tournament Sept. 9–10 in Allentown, Pennsylvania. At 3 p.m. Sept. 9, they will play the University of Scranton, followed by Desales University at 5 p.m. The next day, they will face off against host Muhlenberg College at 10 a.m. and Cabrini University at noon.
  • Men’s tennis will play in the St. Lawrence Fall Classic at 9 a.m. Sept. 10–11 in Canton, New York.
  • Women’s tennis will compete at the Mary Hosking Invitational on Sept. 10–11 in Geneva, New York.
  • Men’s and women’s cross-country will run in the Hamilton College Short Course Invite at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 10 in Clinton, New York.
  • Field hockey will host Utica College at 1 p.m. Sept. 10 in Higgins Stadium.
  • Men’s soccer will play Marywood University at 3 p.m. Sept. 10 in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
  • Women’s soccer will host SUNY Farmingdale at 1 p.m. Sept. 11 on Carp Wood Field.
$1495
$2000