Ithaca College football looks to recover after its first loss of the season Sept. 17 against the Hobart College Statesmen. The Bombers enter Empire 8 conference play with their game Sept. 24 against the Alfred Saxons. The Bombers defense looks to stop Alfred, which is 3–0 this season, and averages 34 points a game.
The women’s soccer team returns to action Sept. 24 after losing to SUNY Cortland 2–0 and tying 2–2 with the University of Rochester at the Upstate Collegiate Cup. The Bombers enter their game against Hartwick College with a 4–1–1 record and are led by senior Jocelyn Ravesi, who has scored four goals on the season, the most among the Bombers.
Reigning Empire 8 player of the week, senior goalkeeper Zach Jacobsen leads the men’s soccer team Sept. 24 against Nazareth College on Carp Wood Field. The Blue and Gold boast a 3–3 record currently.
Field hockey looks to bump up its record to .500 when it plays Nazareth on its home turf at Higgins Stadium on Sept. 24. Senior goalkeeper Katie Lass has been solid in the net, holding down the Bombers defense by saving 80 percent of her shots.
Senior Sean Phillips was named the Empire 8 player of the week for men’s cross country. The Blue and Gold head to the William’s College Purple Valley Invite in Williamstown, Massachusetts, Sept. 24. The Bombers placed fourth and eighth, respectively, in their two invites so far this year.
Women’s cross–country will be joining the men at the William’s College Purple Valley invite. They placed first and second in their first two invites of the year, and were led by Empire 8 player of the week, junior Tayrn Cordani. She placed first and beat Division I runners at the U of R YellowJacket invite Sept. 17.
The golf team heads to SUNY Cortland Sept. 24 and 25 to take on the Red Dragons. Junior Indiana Jones was the fourth Ithaca College Empire 8 player of the week, averaging nine over par and helping her team to tie for third and place third in their two competitions so far this season.
Sculling begins its season Sept. 26 when it hosts the Cayuga Invitational on the Cayuga Inlet.
Freshman Caitlyn Floyd of the Bombers Volleyball team was named Empire 8 rookie of the week, helping her team go 3–1 at the F&M Scramble Sept. 16–17. The Bombers hit the road Sept. 24 to take on Nazareth and the Stevens Institute of Technology.
Women’s tennis will have three consecutive days of play at the ITA Northeast Regional Championship starting Sept. 24 in Geneva, New York. They are undefeated this season with a 5–0 record.
Full weekend game schedule:
- Football will play on the road against Alfred University at 1 p.m. Sept. 24 in Alfred, New York.
- Volleyball will be on the road against Nazareth College and the Stevens Institute of Technology Sept. 24 in Hoboken, New Jersey. They are scheduled to play at 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively.
- Men’s and women’s cross-country will run in the Williams College Purple Valley Invite at 12:15 p.m. Sept. 24 in Williamstown, Massachusetts.
- Women’s soccer will host Hartwick College at noon Sept. 24 on Carp Wood Field.
- Field hockey will play Nazareth College 1 p.m. Sept. 24 at Higgins Stadium.
- Golf will match up against SUNY Cortland Sept. 24–25 in Cortland, New York.
- Men’s soccer will host Nazareth College at 3 p.m. Sept. 24 on Carp Wood Field.
- Women’s tennis will be competing in the ITA Northeast Regional Championship Sept. 24–26 in Geneva, New York.
- Sculling will host the Cayuga Invitational at 9 a.m. Sept. 25 on the Cayuga Inlet.