$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s basketball defeats Alfred University 63–51

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY EVE MAHANEY

The Ithaca College women’s basketball team defeated the Alfred University Saxons 63–51 Feb. 3 in Alfred, New York. The Bombers are now 17–3 on the season, while the Saxons drop to 2–17.

Leading the way for the Bombers was senior guard Ali Ricchiuti with 16 points in 23 minutes of action. She also had two assists and two steals. Junior forward Julie Yacovoni led in rebounds with eight. She added eight points to her box score and three steals.

The Bombers shooting averages weren’t as high as usual, as they shot 35 percent from the floor and 10 percent from beyond the three point arch, but made 19 of their 26 rebounds.

The Blue and Gold held a four point lead going into the half and came out firing in the second. The Bombers had 16 team steals, which pushed their lead in the game. Their steals equaled 29 points Alfred turnovers.

The South Hill squad outscored the Saxons in bench points 24-20, led by freshman forward Cassidy O’Malley who netted 12 points and eight free throws. Senior forward Shayna Gaskins added six rebounds and eight points while going a perfect 4–4 from the charity stripe in her first start of the season. Sophomore guard Annie Giannone had four points, three assists, and two steals. Her three assists tied for a game high with junior guard Erin Woop who added five points in 19 minutes of play.

The Bombers next game is against Empire 8 rival, the Stevens Institute of Technology Ducks in the annual Cancer Prevention game at 2 p.m. Feb. 4 in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1375
$2000