$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s basketball defeats Nazareth College 60–58

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY EVE MAHANEY

The Ithaca College women’s basketball team defeated the Nazareth Golden Flyers 60–58 Jan. 31 to make its record 16–3. The Bombers entered the game on a four game winning streak, with their most recent victory Jan. 28 against St. John Fisher College.

The Bombers led the game 31–26 at the half. Sophomore forward and guard Sara Jackson led the team in scoring with five points while both sophomore guard Megan Mazzella and junior guard Jordan Beers also scored four points.

Junior guard Erin Woop led the team with four rebounds in the first half while junior forward and guard Julie Yacovoni had a team-high two assists.

The two teams exchanged the lead throughout the third quarter. Nazareth took a 34–31 lead early in the period but the South Hill squad regained the advantage with the score 36–34 .  The game was tied 48–48 at the end of the third quarter. The fourth quarter started off in a back and forth manner. The Blue and Gold led 60–55 with two minutes left in the game and only allowed the Golden Flyers to score three points, to hold onto the win.

Beers led the team with thirteen points while senior forward Erin Ferguson scored nine points. Ferguson led the team with seven rebounds while Yacovoni, Woop and senior guard Ali Ricciuti tied for the team lead with three assists.

For Nazareth, senior guard Sam Sorge scored a game-high 33 points while junior guard Samantha Peebles scored ten points. Peebles led the team with 11 rebounds while both Sorge and freshman forward Rachel Benedict tallied eight rebounds. Freshman guard and forward Rose Pedretti led the team with four assists.

The Bombers return to action at 6 p.m. Feb. 3 when they travel to face Alfred University.

$1375
$2000