$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s basketball defeats University of Rochester 73–67

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY EVE MAHANEY

The Ithaca College women’s basketball team defeated the University of Rochester Yellowjackets 73–67 Nov. 16.

The Yellowjackets outscored the South Hill squad 35–34 in the first half, but the Bombers used a valiant rally rallied in the fourth quarter to win the game. Both teams were 6–1 before the matchup.

Rochester led the Blue and Gold by a score of 51–44 at the end of the fourth quarter. With 5:40 left in the game, the Bombers cut the deficit to 57–54. The Blue and Gold continued to rally and took the lead late in the fourth quarter. With 51 seconds left in the game, the South Hill squad led the Yellowjackets 68–62.

Rochester fought valiantly and cut the deficit to 68–65 with 38 seconds left in the game. The Bombers stretched their lead back to five points when senior forward Erin Ferguson made two free throws with 33 seconds left. The Yellowjackets kept fighting, as sophomore guard Lena Ethington made two free throws to cut the deficit back to three points with 24 seconds left.

The South Hill squad held on for a 73–67 victory to improve their its record to 7–1. Senior guard Ali Ricchiuti led the Bombers with 19 points. Junior forward and guard Julie Yacovoni tallied 15 points and Ferguson contributed 13 points. Yacovoni led the team with six rebounds, while senior forward Shayna Gaskins had the second most with five rebounds.

For the Yellowjackets, junior forward Alexandra Leslie led the team with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Junior guard Lauren Deming was second on the team in both points and rebounds with 17 and six, respectively.

The Bombers return to action against Alfred State at 6 p.m. Jan. 3 in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1495
$2000