$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s basketball wins Empire 8 Championship against Stevens

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY EVE MAHANEY

The Ithaca College women’s basketball team defeated the Stevens Institute of Technology Ducks in the Empire 8 Conference Championship by a final score of 77–74 Feb. 25.

The Bombers held on for the threepoint victory, even though the Ducks outscored them 26–17 in the fourth quarter. The game was very competitive throughout. The Bombers were outscored 14–15 in the first quarter, but the South Hill squad outscored Stevens 22–15 in the second quarter.

The Blue and Gold also outscored the Ducks 24–18 in the third quarter before the nail-biting fourth quarter. The Ducks had a higher field goal percentage at 47.5 percent than the Bombers at 44.8 percent. Both teams totalled 39 rebounds. The Ducks tallied 18 assists and the Bombers had 11.

Senior guard Ali Ricchiuti led the team with 23 points, while junior forward and guard Julie Yacovoni scored 16 points and junior guard Jordan Beers with 11 points. Senior forward Erin Ferguson led the team with three steals. Beers led the team with three assists, while Ricchiuti, Yacovoni and junior guard Erin Woop also contributed two assists each. Beers led the team with eight rebounds, while Yacovoni and Erin Ferguson also contributed seven rebounds each.

For Stevens, graduate guard Kaitlyn Astel led the team with 24 points, while junior guard Megan Brown scored 22 points and junior forward Anna Toke contributed 16 points. Toke also led the team with three steals, while senior guard Erica Guketlov led the team with five assists. Brown, Astel and freshman guard Alison Criswell also contributed four assists each. Toke led the team with 16 rebounds.

With the win, the Bombers received an automatic bid into the NCAA championship.

$1495
$2000