$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Women’s crew takes home fourth place at nationals

FILE PHOTO/THE ITHACAN

The women’s crew finished in fourth place at the NCAA Division III Championship in West Windsor, New Jersey, May 26 and 27.

The Bombers entered two boats into the final races, the first Varsity 8 and the second Varsity 8. Both boats placed fourth in their regattas.

In the first Varsity 8 regatta, Williams jumped out to a near two-second lead with a time of 1:35.94. The Bombers held a slight second position lead at that point of the race.

The Bombers were with Wellesley at that point for third place. The two crews were separated by just .085 seconds and it would come down to the wire with the two boats. Wellesley crossed the finish line just ahead of the South Hill squad, 6:38.842 to 6:39.114, for third place.

In the second Varsity 8 race, the Blue and Gold got off to a solid start. Bates College and Wellesley College began to pull away half way through the regatta. Bates would win in 6:48.33, while Wellesley crossed in 6:51.50.

The Bombers then found itself in a battle with Williams for third place. With just 500 meters to go, the Blue and Gold closed in and nearly pulled even with Williams with 250 remaining, but Williams would cross the finish just .7 seconds ahead of the Bombers.

$1260
$2000