$1275
$2000

Women’s soccer beats rival Nazareth to head to Empire 8 final

The Ithaca College women’s soccer team beat Nazareth College 2–1 in the Empire 8 Championship semi-finals on Nov. 6 in Hoboken, New Jersey. The No. 20 nationally ranked Bombers have won every game since their Sept. 20 loss.

Junior forward Holly Niemiec got the scoring started early with a shot in the fourth minute off an assist from senior forward Sarah Woychick.

Nazareth would answer back in the 21st minute with a goal from Danielle Wilkin.

The Blue and Gold would put the nail in the coffin in the 83rd minute as Woychick scored a goal of her own.

Both goalies, senior goalkeeper Beth Coppolecchia and Nazareth’s Allison Dobles, had solid games collecting five saves each. The Bombers continued their offensive onslaught taking 14 shots, seven of which came on goal. Nazareth would take nine shots of its own, six of which were on goal.

The South Hill squad will play again at 7 p.m. Nov. 7 against Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, New Jersey.

$1275
$2000