$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s soccer concludes season with 1–0 loss to Cardinals

The women’s soccer team’s season came to an end Nov. 14 in the NCAA playoffs against Catholic University. They lost to the Cardinal’s 1–0 in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, ending an otherwise successful season.

The first half was a scoreless affair as both teams had difficulty finding the back of the net. In the second half, things changed as Cardinal’s junior forward Lindsay Aleman finally got one of her eight shots past the Bombers’ senior goalkeeper Beth Coppolecchia in the 78th minute. The goal was off an assist from Nia Gomez and hit the back goalpost.

The score would remain the same until the end of the game, as the Blue and Gold would be unable to convert and put a shot in the back of the net. The Cardinals would end the game with 22 shots, 12 of which came on goal. However, on the flipside of the coin Coppolecchia had a strong outing collecting 11 saves.

On the offensive end, the Bombers took eight shots, only two of which came on goal. Both teams also collected a few fouls, as the South Hill squad would end the game with six fouls and the Cardinals would have nine of their own.

With the loss, the Bombers finish off another winning season with an overall record of 13–5–2.

$1495
$2000