$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s soccer falls flat in final game of regular season

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY AVERI PARECE

The Ithaca College women’s soccer team fell flat during their last 2016 regularseason game against Stevens Institute of Technology in an Empire 8 Conference match at De Baun Athletics Complex on Oct 29. With the 5–0 loss, the squad falls 10–4–2 overall and 5–2–1 in Empire 8 standings.

The Bombers defense fought hard against the Ducks in the first half, allowing only one goal, which was scored in the seventh minute of play. It was a tight competition for the next 46 minutes. The score was stuck at 1–0 until Stevens gained another goal when they got a penalty kick in the 53rd minute.

The Blue and Gold took another five shots in the final 45 minutes of the match, but the Ducks would ultimately get an additional three goals to bring the score to 5–0.

Sophomore goalkeeper Stacey DiGiorgio is now 10–4–2 on the season with this loss. DiGiorgio allowed three goals and made seven saves. Senior goalkeeper Karen Macke played just under 24 minutes and allowed two goals and saved three. Freshman goalkeeper Sara Jakobsze had some playing time but did not face any shots.

Overall, the Bombers took 11 shots and senior midfielder Jess Demczar, sophomore midfielder Shoshana Bedrosian and senior forward Megan Nash each took two.

This game concluded the regular season for the Bombers. They will play in the Empire 8 Championships on Nov. 4 against the second-seed Nazareth College Golden Flyers in Hoboken, New Jersey.

$1375
$2000