$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s soccer moves win streak to four after Oneonta victory

The Ithaca College women’s soccer team improved its win streak to four as it defeated SUNY Oneonta by a score of 1–0 on Oct. 13 in Oneonta, New York.

The first half was scoreless as both teams played solid defense. Oneonta goalie Kelley Murphy had two saves on the day, while senior Beth Coppolecchia matched with three saves in goal for the Bombers. Both sides were about even in shots, as the Blue and Gold took six and Oneonta took five.

In the 64th minute, the Bombers broke the scoreless match as junior Jessica Demczar put the lone goal into the back of the net. The shot was unassisted from 25 yards out, heading into the upper part of the goal.

After the shot, the damage could have gotten much worse as the Bombers took 10 total more shots in the half. The Blue and Gold had nine shots on goal in total, and Oneonta ended the game with eight shots, three of them coming on goal.

The Red Dragons had a stellar game with eight saves altogether. The Bombers’ defense played well as a whole, holding Oneonta to three shots on goal.

The South Hill squad will play again Sept. 17 at home attempting its ninth win of the season against St. John Fisher College at Carp Wood Field.

$1375
$2000