$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Soccer: South Hill squad coasts to victory against Babson College

The women’s soccer team needed 80 minutes to score its first and only goal in its opening-day victory Friday against the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. On Saturday, however, the Bombers only needed six quick minutes to get on the board against Babson College.

Junior forward Ellyn Grant-Keane took a rebound from an early corner kick and found the back of the net at 6:26 to spur the Bombers to an eventual 3-0 win against Babson at the William Smith College Heron Cup in Geneva, N.Y.

Last year’s Empire 8 Conference and Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year, Rachael Palladino, made her first goal of the year with an unassisted score just 12 minutes after Grant-Keane’s opening strike. Junior midfielder Jamie Ruddy began the game as a substitute, but she later tacked on an additional goal off the bench before the end of the first half.

Becca Salant needed just two saves against the Beavers’ offense to record her second consecutive shutout.

With two wins to begin the season, the Bombers have a week to prepare for a two-game stint Sept. 8-9 against the University of Scranton and Marywood University in Scranton, Pa.

$1495
$2000