$1275
$2000

Women’s soccer team falls to Cortland to drop second straight

The women’s soccer team fell to .500 after a 3–2 defeat at the hands of SUNY Cortland in the Upstate Collegiate Cup hosted by the University of Rochester.

The first score came in during the 29th minute off the foot of junior forward Jocelyn Ravesi with her first goal of the season and the assist by fellow junior forward Megan Nash.

The Red Dragons put on pressure during the 33rd minute with freshman midfielder Brenna Conover’s penalty kick miss and in the 34th minute with Conover’s goal off an assist by sophomore midfielder Gianna Carnesi. Conover made a second penalty kick in the 53rd minute, this time making it, to give Cortland the upper hand with a score of 3–1.

Senior forward Kelsey King scored her second goal of the season during the 66th minute to put the Bombers within one. However, Cortland’s defense stood strong and the South Hill squad was not able to capitalize for the rest of the game.

The Bombers struggled offensively for the second straight game and fell to 3–3 on the season. It was the worst record through the first six games of the season since they started 3–2–1 in 2006.

The Blue and Gold will look to get back on track at 6 p.m. Sept. 23 against Alfred University, the first Empire 8 conference game of the season.

$1275
$2000