$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Swimming and Diving: Records fall as Bombers repeat at state and conference title meet

The last three Upper New York State Collegiate Swimming Association and Empire 8 Conference Championships have been a battle between the women’s swimming and diving team and Stevens Institute of Technology. This year was no different.

The Blue and Gold came out of the meet as both Empire 8 and Upper New York State Champions for the fourth consecutive year, compiling a total of 1,458 points during the four-day meet. Stevens Institute of Technology entered the day only 49 points behind the Bombers, but finished 173 points behind them for second place.

Junior Carly Jones qualified for the NCAA Championships in the 200-yard breaststroke while setting a new school record, finishing in a time of 2:17.31. She also defeated last year’s champion, Nazareth College junior Carissa Risucci, in the process. Jones also qualified for the national championships in the 200- and 400-yard individual medley with finishing times of 2:04.86 and 4:27 respectively.

Sophomore Korie Fackler and senior Jodi Costello smashed previous state meet records set by former Bombers in the 1- and 3-meter dives. Fackler scored 446.10 points in the 1-meter dive, which was 30 points above the record Naomi Mark ’11 set last season in the event.

Costello and senior Katie Kaiser finished in second and third place respectively. Costello scored 475 points in the 3-meter dive, breaking the previous 15-year meet record of 460 points held by Amanda Liddy ’97. Fackler and Kaiser finished third and fourth overall with scores of 444.80 points and 407.05 points respectively.

Senior Cali DeSanto finished sixth overall in the 100-yard butterfly in 58.81 seconds, the second best time in the event in program history.

Jones and Sherry teamed with freshmen Kylie Bangs and sophomore Elizabeth Gawrys to finish second in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:46.23. The same relay team finished third in the 400-yard medley relay with a time of 3:57.70.

The Blue and Gold will now wait for selections to the NCAA Division III Championships to be announced. The national championships in the swimming and diving events will be held from March 21-24 at the Indiana University Natatorium in Indianapolis.

$1495
$2000