$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Swimming and Diving: Squad wins tri-meet to open Aquatics Pavilion

The women’s swimming and diving team began its 2011 campaign handily defeating both SUNY-Fredonia and SUNY-New Paltz this afternoon, marking the first competition in the newly constructed Aquatics Pavilion in the Athletics and Events Center.

Junior Carly Jones was a double event winner, as she was victorious in the 100-meter breaststroke with a time of 1:09.58 and the 200-meter individual medley in 2:14.28.

Senior Missy Kessler won the 200-yard backstroke with a commanding two seconds ahead of the rest of the field.

Bomber sophomores Laure Brundage and Fiona Mancuso were individual race winners, as the finished first in the 200-meter fly and 200-meter breaststroke respectively.

Freshmen Kylie Bangs helped the Blue and Gold’s 200-meter medley relay team finish second place, falling only to SUNY-New Paltz by 0.5 seconds. She also finished first overall in the 100-meter backstroke with a time of 59.8 seconds and was second overall in the individual medley.

The Bombers placed a few divers in the competition, as senior Jodi Costello placed second on the 3-meter dive with a score of 235.48. Sophomore Korie Fackler finished third in the 3-meter dive and fourth in the 1-meter dive, posting final scores of 231.45 and 213.45 respectively.

The Bombers will next compete on Saturday, October 29, against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

$1495
$2000