$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s tennis team compete in ITA Regional Championship

On Sept. 26, members of the women’s tennis team traveled to William Smith College in Geneva, New York, to compete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Regional Championship.

Junior Haley Kusak defeated Elmira’s Ayaka Yohshino 6–0, 6–2 in the first round. Kusak and Yoshino faced each other previously Sept. 22 during the Bombers’ 9–0 defeat over Elmira College. Kusak then fell in the second round to William Smith’s Hannah More 6–1, 6–4.  

Senior Marni Blumenthal took down Morgan Fitzgerald of Vassar College 6–3, 1–6, 10–7 in the first round and then lost to Brittany LaBruna of William Paterson University 6–2, 6–1 in the second round.  

Freshman Caroline Dunn beat Nazareth College’s Allison Friends 6–0, 6–2 in the first round, and in the second round lost to Hamilton College’s Jane Haffer 6–0, 6–2.  

Freshman McKinleigh Lair was the lone Bomber not to secure a first round victory in singles, as she lost 6–2, 6–0 to Carmen Lai from New York University.  

The Blue and Gold were much less successful in doubles with both pairs losing in the first round. The pair of Blumenthal and Dunn dropped their match to Skidmore College’s Madie Benn and Michelle Fuca 8–0, and Lair and Kusak lost to Haffer and Lindsay Jadow 8–2.

The full Bomber squad will take the court next Sept. 30 at Houghton College in Houghton, New York.

$1495
$2000